Join Our Team
Reporting to the Lending Manager.
This is a full-time, permanent role based in our Bandon Office, 4 or 5 days per week.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of Lending experience with
QFA Qualification or equivalent.
General purpose of the role:
The Senior Loans Officer will be responsible for supporting the Lending Manager to ensure the progressive implementation of the Access Credit Union (ACU) Credit Policy and Procedures to maximize responsible lending, prudent underwriting and lending assessment decision-making.
They will look to build relationships with local businesses, schools, and other organisations with a view to increasing business opportunities, loans and membership and developing the lending function, ensuring continued first-class service to members in compliance with the Credit Union’s Credit Policy and Procedure.Key Accountabilities:
- Provide the members of the Credit Union with courteous, pleasant and professional service.
- Assess credit applications, including personal and business applications, including review of borrower’s ability to repay, correctly preparing application paperwork, review of credit reports, and analysis of members' financial circumstances.
- Undertake prudent underwriting and lending assessment decision-making by collecting, analysing and disseminating significant financial information.
- Deliver exceptional customer experiences and advice, managing the member's lending journey and leveraging the full suite of Credit Union products, tools & services.
- Ongoing engagement across the common bond to convert enquiries into lending appointments.
- Assist in growing the CU’s lending levels in a manner which is consistent with the credit union's strategic and risk management objectives.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of appropriate credit policies, systems, procedures and practices.
- Ensure the continued overall quality of the loan portfolio, including assessing its risk profile and driving improvements by way of mitigating strategies at operational level.
- Proficient in the use of Online and IT channels for lending.
- Act as the first point of contact for the customer to begin their lending journey with the Credit Union.
- Administration of Member applications/Records as required.
Preparing reports for the credit committee and the board.
- Meet with the credit committee on a regular basis.
- Promotion and marketing of all services, including representing ACU at events as required
To apply, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday, 24 March 2023
Note: This job description is not intended to establish a total definition of the Job but an outline of the main areas of responsibility. The Loans Officer is expected to carry out any reasonable tasks associated with this position. With the changing nature of the business, this role will be reviewed at least annually and the duties may need to be updated and expanded from time to time.
Shortlisting may apply, and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
Access Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.