17 August 2022
Member Services/Loans Officer for MSC
Job Reference (MSC002) - Reporting to: Operations Lead
This is a Permanent full-time role based in our Skibbereen Office (Monday to Friday 9-5.30)
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Customer Service/Finance role.
Working in the Member Service Centre, the Member Service Officer will:
- Provide the members of the Credit Union with a courteous, pleasant and professional service. This will be primarily be via the phone, through our website / email, face to face or by providing back-office support,
- Work with the team to grow business in the Credit Union through proactively educating members to guide them on Credit Union offerings and innovations, maximising opportunities to engage members with the service(s)
- Process loan applications, assisting members with their account management, assisting members with Credit Control queries and assisting members with any of the range of services offered by MSC.
- Undertake prudent underwriting and lending assessment decision making by collecting, analysing and disseminating significant financial information.
- Provide the members of the Credit Union with a courteous, pleasant and professional service, primarily by phone and email.
- Assess credit applications including personal and business,review of borrower’s ability to repay, correctly preparing application paperwork, review of credit reports, and analysis of members financial circumstances.
- Explain loan features and repayment options to members, and assist in arranging drawdown, remotely via Docusign or in our branches.
- Deliver exceptional customer experiences and advice, managing the members lending journey and leveraging the full suite of Credit Union products, tools & services
- Provide service to members by telephone, post, email and face-to-face, including walking the queue at the credit union office
- Act as first point of contact for the customer to begin their lending journey with the Credit Union
- Ongoing communication with the member on the status of their application/decision making.
- Taking and completing membership and current account applications.
- Administration of Member applications/Records as required including setting up appointments, gathering documentation, managing common bond queries, and supporting online membership
- Promotion and marketing of all services including representing MSCU at events as required
- Act as a teller by processing lodgements, withdrawals, accepting loan application and issuing approved loans
- Undertake filing/scanning, running reports, presentations and administration tasks as directed by the Operations Lead
- Process the relevant documentation required for automatic member payments including EFT’s, Standing Orders & Member Payroll.
- Deal with queries and respond to requests for information from members
- Take personal responsibility for developing skill and competency levels required to support customers on the use of MSC range of services
- Ensure Minimum competency/training/CPD requirements are met to carry out the role
- Contribute to Credit Union revenue through lead generation for other products and services.
- Acting as loan officer with limits set by the Board.
- Accurately and diligently handle cash; reconcile balances and account for any inconsistencies.
- Undertake relevant training as deemed necessary by the management team.
- Maintaining and updating the Web and Online accounts, and assist members in setting up online accounts, and deal with online access queries.
- Ensuring that all internal procedures are adhered to.
- In addition to your normal duties, you may be required to undertake other duties as defined by the Board or Manager to fulfil the requirements of the role
To apply please send an up to date copy or your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 2 September 2022
Note: This job description is not intended to establish a total definition of the Job but an outline of the main areas of responsibility. The Loans Officer is expected to carry out any reasonable tasks associated with this position. With the changing nature of the business this role will be reviewed at least annually and the duties may need to be updated expanded from time to time.
Short listing may apply, and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
Access Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.