17 August 2022
Member Services Officer
Job Reference (MSO22) - Reporting to the Operations Lead.
This is a Permanent full- time role based in our Skibbereen Office (Tuesday to Friday 9-5.30, Saturday 9-1.30).
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 years Customer Service experience.
The Member Service Officer will:
- Provide the members of the Credit Union with a courteous, pleasant and professional service. This will be primarily be face to face, via the phone, through our website / email, by providing back office support.
- Work with the team to grow business in the Credit Union through proactively educating members to guide them on Credit Union offerings and innovations, maximising opportunities to engage members with the service(s).
- Process loan applications, assisting members with their account management, acting as teller, assisting members with Credit Control queries and assisting members with any of the range of services offered by ACU.
- Provide the members of the Credit Union with a courteous, pleasant and professional service.
- Deliver exceptional customer experiences and advice, managing the members lending journey and leveraging the full suite of Credit Union products, tools and services.
- Provide service to members by telephone, post, email and face-to-face, including walking the queue at the credit union office.
- Act as first point of contact for the customer to begin their lending journey with the Credit Union.
- Taking and processing and issuing of loan applications in accordance with the Credit Union Loan Policy and Procedures.
- Taking and completing membership and current account applications.
- Administration of Member applications/records as required.
- Promotion and marketing of all services including representing MSCU at events as required
- Act as a teller by processing lodgements, withdrawals, accepting loan application and issuing approved loans.
- Undertake filing/scanning and administration tasks as directed by the Office Supervisor.
- Process the relevant documentation required for automatic member payments including EFT’s, Standing Orders & Member Payroll.
- Deal with queries and respond to requests for information from members..
- Take personal responsibility for developing skill and competency levels required to support customers on the use of ACU’s range of services.
- Contribute to Credit Union revenue through lead generation for other products and services.
- Contribute to the design and development of improvement initiatives that will add value and reflect the opportunity of our membership.
- Accurately and diligently handle cash; reconcile balances and account for any inconsistencies.
- Undertake relevant training as deemed necessary by the management team.
- End of day balancing.
- Maintaining and updating the web and online accounts.
- Initiate appropriate action where loan repayments are not being made in accordance with credit agreements.
- Assisting the credit control officer in all aspects of Credit Control.
- Ensuring that all internal procedures are adhered to.
- In addition to your normal duties you may be required to undertake other duties as defined by the Board or Manager to fulfil the requirements of the role.
To apply please send an up to date copy or your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 2 September 2022
Note: This job description is not intended to establish a total definition of the Job but an outline of the main areas of responsibility. The Loans Officer is expected to carry out any reasonable tasks associated with this position. With the changing nature of the business this role will be reviewed at least annually and the duties may need to be updated expanded from time to time.
Short listing may apply, and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
Access Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.