The Donal O’Driscoll Student Bursary Award 2023
The Donal O’Driscoll Student Bursary was established in 2022 to honour the career and achievements of our late CEO, colleague and friend Donal O’Driscoll.
The Donal O’Driscoll Student Bursary was established in 2022 to honour the career and achievements of our late CEO, colleague and friend Donal O’Driscoll. Donal was passionate about education and lifelong learning. He actively encouraged Access Credit Union staff to engage in further education and supported those who did.
His passion for education spurred Donal himself to return to college in 2014 to earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from UCC.
The Donal O’Driscoll Bursary
Throughout his long term as our CEO, Donal championed the Credit Union ethos of supporting and empowering members, particularly in the sphere of education.
In recognition of this, the Donal O’Driscoll Bursary will provide financial support to one individual embarking on third-level education or commencing an apprenticeship in 2023. The recipient of the bursary will be awarded €5,000 to help defray costs.
Terms & Conditions of Access Credit Union Bursary
- Applicants must be an active member of Access Credit Union. You can open an account prior to making your application.
- All applicants must intend to pursue an offer to attend a 3rd Level Institution for a full time Diploma/Degree, apprenticeship or a full time PLC commencing in 2023 for the Academic Year.
- Entry Forms must be completed in full and returned to the Credit Union by Monday 15th September 2023.
- Successful applicants must make themselves available for promotional advertising purposes including photographs, newsletters, website and social media promotion.
- The Decision of the Bursary Award Committee of Access Credit Union will be final.
- A parent/guardian cannot use their own account details to enter on behalf of their child. Students must enter using their own credit union account.
- Only one entry per student
- Winners will be notified by phone/email or post.
- A short list of applicants may be requested to attend an interview in person or online as part of the process of selection.
- The Board of Directors of Access Credit Union reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions as necessary at any time.