26 January 2023
5 Financial Goals for 2023
As the new year begins, many people may want to set financial goals for themselves. Setting specific, measurable, and achievable financial goals can help people stay on track and progress towards their financial objectives.
Here are five financial goals and how Access Credit Union can help our members achieve them:
- Building an emergency fund: Having a savings cushion to fall back on in case of unexpected expenses can help provide peace of mind and financial stability. Access Credit Union can help members save by offering a range of savings accounts and providing financial education resources to help members budget and save effectively.
- Paying off debt: High-interest debt can be a significant burden on finances. Setting a goal to pay off credit card balances or other loans can free up money for other financial priorities. Access Credit Union can help members by providing low-interest personal loans, debt consolidation loans, and financial counselling.
- Saving for a major purchase: Whether it’s a down payment on a home, a new car, or a holiday, saving for a big purchase can take time and discipline. Access Credit Union can help members save by offering savings accounts and the ability to use those savings as security against a low-interest personal loan, as growing savings tends to be more difficult than paying off a loan.
- Investing for the future: Building a portfolio of investments can help grow wealth over time and/or provide financial security in retirement. Access Credit Union can help members by offering a FREE financial review with Irish Life Financial Services, which is an insurance intermediary that can review your protection, retirement, savings and investment needs. This can be done online or over the phone at a time and place that suits you, taking just 45-60 minutes of your time. There is no obligation to purchase, and all information you provide is private and confidential. Irish Life Financial Services is tied to Irish Life Assurance for life and pensions, so any products recommended by Irish Life Financial Services will be from Irish Life Assurance, one of Ireland’s leading life and pension providers.
- Improving credit rating: A good credit rating can open up a variety of financial opportunities. Access Credit Union can help members improve their credit rating by providing financial education resources, credit counselling, and loans to help members establish or improve credit.
Finally, Access Credit Union provides a wide range of financial products, services and education that can help people achieve their financial goals and make progress towards financial stability and security. People need to remember that setting financial goals is just the first step. But if they apply a consistent and persistent effort to reach them, they will become achievable.
Note: Irish Life Financial Services Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Access Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.